Challenging Spartan Race Comes to So Cal For First Time
Picture this, if you will. You decide to run in a 5K race on the weekend for fun. Normally, you would expect the usual hills, trails and packs of people running along side you. A nice outing but pretty boring right? Just what you would expect from a 5K race.
Now take all of that and add in some real spice. How about a race that is a bit more challenging? Take the 5K race and things like barbed wire to crawl under, fires to jump over, obstacles to climb on the course even battle “Spartans” who are trying to stop you from finishing.
Sounds more like your type of event, right? On December 12, this race is coming to Southern California for the first time and its not too late to sign up for this day-long event, scheduled to take place in Malibu.
Need more of a reason. Here, compliments of the folks from the Spartan Race, are the Top 10 reasons to run in this fun event a week from Sunday.
10. The Spartan Race in Los Angeles on Dec 12, 2010 is your last chance to compete in a Spartan Race in 2010, the race’s explosive inaugural year. Say that you were there when it all started.
9. If you live in a cold climate, what better way to celebrate the holidays than to spend a weekend in sunny L.A.?
8. Don’t waste your time in a shopping mall–give the gift of enrollment in the Spartan Race to friends and family! Your holiday shopping will be over before your eggnog hangover has even begun.
7. Better yet, avoid your eggnog hangover altogether, and change up your boring office holiday party. Spend your eggnog dollars to sign all your coworkers up for the Spartan Race. Competing as a team on a sunny L.A. afternoon may just generate more spirit among you than an evening filled with spirits.
6. Training for the race is a great way to work off your extra holiday calories. Just because you act like Santa Claus doesn’t mean that you have to look like him!
5. Competing in the Spartan Race is sure to reduce your stress during the pressure-cooker that is the month of December. Take time out from holiday chores and a packed social calendar to reward yourself with physical activity.
4. What better way to get in the holiday spirit than to immerse yourself in the Spartan spirit? It’s about putting others before yourself, and in the Spartan Race, a genuine feeling of camaraderie connects the competitors.
3. What will your resolution be for the new year? Planning ahead will help you achieve your goals. If increased confidence, personal effectiveness, and improved health will be on your agenda for 2011, you’re more likely to get there if you start now. Competing in the Spartan Race on Dec 12 will launch in the right direction with a shot of confidence.
2. What better gift to give to yourself than the joy that will come from successfully completing a Spartan Race?
1. If you win the Spartan Race, you qualify to compete in the Death Race, scheduled for June 2011 in Pittsfield, VT. And that’s the best gift of all.
Finally, if those 10 reasons have not sold you on spending the afternoon with more than 1,000 others who have already signed up for this event, then watch this YouTube video from a previous Spartan Race and get inspired. Its not too late to join in the fun.